Saturday, June 6, 2015

Got a cold? Watch Victor Victoria and Write!

So, got a massive head cold, maybe the flu.  And that's sort of good because it is slowing down my self-sabotage and drug/alcohol use.  I have been on a Reign of Terror (Tara Rain) for quite a while and have now gotten myself almost to zero.

Actually I am less than zero.

Here's the new Poem I'm working on.  Called The Hospital:  The First Visit to Underland

The First Visit to Underland

The first time I went to the hospital never happened
At least according to my mother
I was thirty four.  
I was never there. 

I was never up all night the night before, 
panicking, believing
that the electricity in the walls could read my mind
and the listeners were NOT kind...
that the people on TV were dead and puppets
that the colors red and blue were nations of thought
that the red was bad, the blue was good

And I didn't crawl on the floor of my apartment, screaming
looking through the cat door at the policemans shoes
my eye through the opening like Alice
Refusing to open the human door, 
because The Man's shoe leather was cheap and scuffed,
so I COULDN'T believe their shiny badges.
I didn't know this then, but I had been trained to spot a ringer at a mile early on
Use my charming smile like a gun and Run, or 
FIGHT.  
Never give in, never.
You have a little brother, and he can't walk, can't even talk yet, yet, yet.
So you have to wait until you're bigger
Until then You are a slave
Save yourself, save your brother, SAVE
You have to be BRAVE.  You have to Wait in the Cut.  Yes, yes, yes.
Cut them with your razor teeth. CUT. Cut, cut, cut.

"We should have killed them all", said my little one with the SAND 
But I didn't know that then, in real time, not before.
that's probably when the screaming began
Alice had always been standing guard in her pinafore
Arms strapped behind her back
with a bloody knife in her handcuffed hand
Didn't know about my Underland.

I wasn't tackled to the ground raving when they finally broke in
(I had neglected to lock the human door
thought i was safe in my cheshire cat position)
I wasn't slapped in cuffs, a 250 pound man-knee in my back.

RED and BLUE lights, Red and Blue lights, Red and Blue lights.  
Strobe Swirl Strobe Swirl across my aching eyes
An affront to the early morning sunlight, 
My mind breaking dawn
As the neighbors came out to lawn watch
the insanity spawn 
The outer din mimicking my inner spin
My REVOLUTION.

I wasn't shoved and stuffed into the back of a black and white, 
Terrified
To be delivered to the doors of the place I never went
and went there for a week.

The North wing I think, the bad one.
A whole new Vista in Gainesville for me
I didn't see a man growl like a dog and lift his leg to pee
on the floor.
I didn't see another continually
Take his shirt off and dance a suggestive dance 
to the orderlies
I didn't stay up all night because I was so scared of being in such a place
Where folx had lost their human faces
And the staff were just poorly paid mercenaries
Far from helping, just fools
Nurse ratchet tools

I didn't wait until the dead of night to cry in the shower. 
All of my false bourgeoisie  
power 
washing down the drain with my tears
My parent's fame gone, thank god.
Goodbye, Engineer
So long

So long in the corner of the dirty tiled floor naked, until the water turned cold
I shook and I did not understand.  
This visit that never happened
Covered up with my mother-lawyers gab of glib
This was to be just the first hospital visit that never happened
Frozen I did not understand
This was just the first

Just the First 
Visit to Underland.

No comments:

Post a Comment