Saturday, October 10, 2009

I want to fuck my psychiatrist- Google help me out.

I labeled this post specifically. I have googled and googled for phrases like "I want to fuck my psychiatrist" or "I want to sleep with my psychiatrist, therapist, counselor, etc." but have gotten nowhere.

I find a ton of stuff about transference and boundaries and projection. Yeah, I get it. But everyone talks about how they love their therapist. I want to fuck or sleep with or have sex with my psychiatrist/therapist. I don't know him well enough to love him. Plus, he's probably not my type. I mean I know we have polar opposite views on the world. And he's got a cheesy haircut. Seriously.

So I went to two therapists this week. The first one was a hoot. I mean hoot as in weird. Freaking bf suggested her because she is/was a "scientist" and "PhD." Man, does bf love the PhD's. I truly could not care less. I just want someone with a lot of experience. Back to therapist #1. She does this neuro emotional technique (NET) along with acupuncture pressure point stuff. In NET as far as I can tell, the therapist pushes on your outstretched arm and has you say statements. As you say them she pushes down on your arm, which you are holding up as hard as you can in resistance. Their theory is that if the statement is untrue or you don't believe it, then your arm will not hold up to the force as much as to a true/believed statement.

I had to sit there and hear her lecture about it for at least 45 min. And I was rolling with it, trying to keep an open mind because I liked her. But then she started talking about me having "bad spirits" around me. When I asked her to clarify- mainly, are you talking about something supernatural? She said yes. That was it. Done.

I had been sort of with her before that. Although I don't think she put the same amount of force on my arm each time, which is essential for it to be a valid process. In fact, I know she didn't, just by the arc of the movement of her arm. She followed through on "untrue" statements, and did not on "true" statements. Ugh, just too much undisciplined science for my taste.

I had to pay her $60 for this little lesson in stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment